Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Getting Ready for the End...

It is so hard to believe that this journey is almost over and yet, it seems like it has lasted an eternity. We are finishing up our adoption proceedings here in China and we are so happy that we will soon be getting ready for home!

Our guide picked up Anna's passport, notary documents and medical examination translation. After getting everything together, she came to our room and helped us fill out our needed paperwork for the US Consulate Appointment today. Fortunately, we don't have to go to that. She goes and turns in our stuff for us and then she will call us when she gets out and let us know that everything was okay...crossing fingers :-)

We spent the majority of the day doing nothing. We didn't have to be anywhere until 5:30 pm, when Connie was coming to our room. It was pouring rain outside, so we never left the hotel. We totally skipped out on breakfast, which I wanted to anyway, but I wanted to go to Starbucks for a muffin. But, because of the rain, I got a granola bar and water...yum! Thank goodness I brought granola bars.

Rodney wanted Lucy's for lunch, but it was raining so hard, we opted for the Victory Restaurant. We decided to try a high chair again with Anna. We took 2 of her favorite toys and put them on the tray and then gradually got her into the chair. Much to our surprise...she sat there! It was the first meal that Rodney and I have had that we didn't have to pass her around like a little football.

Okay, you all know my thing with food. Well, we were so hungry and was limited to eating here, which was fine, because their fried rice is really good. So Rodney and I both shared an order of fries and then had fried rice. It tasted good and hit the spot, or at least close enough. So, I had this bright idea of ordering dessert. We were going to order two and split. I ordered the "Italy Cheese Cake"...thinking it would be cheesecake, and the "Banana Boat", which we were told was a banana with ice cream...cool, a banana split.

First, our Italy Cheese Cake came out. It was a pretty little heart shaped layered cake with long chocolate decorative sticks coming out of the side with chocolate and strawberry syrup drizzled on the plate. It was nothing like cheesecake, but it was good. It was like a whipped cream layer with a tiny little cake layer, then another layer of cream and cake. It had a hint of chocolate and vanilla flavors. It was good.

Out came this little boat dish with a split banana on each side with large triangular crisps coming from the center of the dessert and a little Chinese umbrella for decoration. There was a green, pink and purple ice cream. The green had a melon flavor, the pink was a strawberry like flavor and the purple, I have no idea, but know that I never want to taste it again. We asked the waitress what the purple flavor was and she told us it was Taro. We didn't know what that was, so she told us it was like a tomato, except it was grey...never, never again do I want to eat taro.

We were so proud of Anna and how well she did in the restaurant. A waitress there, who always talks to her, reached out for her and Anna went. She hadn't much more gotten in her arms, before she turned around reaching back for me. She is such a little sweetheart. She is playing with her toys more and more and is starting to love her babies.


She loves to play with her daddy. She will just laugh out loud when he starts coming at her. She seems happy and content to be with us. I am so thankful that she has done as well as she has.

Boys,

Only 2 more days, only 2 more days!!! We are so excited to be this close to home! We really dread the long flight home, but are ready for it so we can finally get to be back home with you all. Anna continues to do better and better everyday. I can just imagine you three playing with her. She loves being outside and I think she will like to swing. Her and Parker may have to fight for swing rights :-) Love you bunches and will talk to you soon!

Getting ready for our trip home and sending love to my Parker, Jacob and Carter.