Monday, May 7, 2007

What's New?

Well, nothing extremely exciting, but.....there is something new and anything to do with Anna excites me. Today we received our "Big Brown Envelope". It is the packet that adoptive families receive which contains a congratulatory message from the US Embassy in Guangzhou, China and the needed paperwork to finalize the adoption and citizenship on the US end. We will take all the papers with us to China. They will be completed and presented to the Consulate once in China.



We are also sending off our Visa applications to a courier today. She should have them by Wednesday and hopefully, we will have our Visas by end of next week, or the beginning of the following. We were also sent the tracking number of our LOA/SC. It is currently in Beijing waiting for delivery to the CCAA. Hopefully after it arrives, we will have our travel processed within 13 - 18 days. WOW - I can't believe we are this close :-) !!

Thursday night I finally found the bedding I am using in Parker and Anna's room. I also picked up a couple more pairs of pj's, socks and some nanny gifts. Friday, I went out to finish the needed items for the bedding, a couple more gifts for the orphanage director, notaries, adoption registrars and various officials. My bedroom is starting to pile up - my sister will kill me after all the cleaning out. I need to start packing things I know I have to take to get them out of the way. I also picked up the paint for the room and got the trim and walls painted. Parker's bed is finished, except a few throw pillows and Anna's comforter is done. I still lack her sheets, bed skirt and pillows. I hope to finish all that up this week sometime - we'll see.

Getting closer to travel and sending love to my Anna.